66-67 Dodge Charger Source Guide

Turn Signal Switch

Posted by Bob Christiano on 09/23/09 and updated 08/07/10

1966 & 1967 Turn Signal Switches:

Mega Parts
201 Roosevelt St.
P.O. Box 249
Coon Valley, WI

PH: (608) 452-2045
FX: (608) 452-2046


Herb's Parts
3 Chase Lane
Middletown, DE 19709

PH: (302) 376-8508
FX: (302) 376-8602

Posted by David Walker on 04/14/06

The picture above shows a Layson switch in a '66 column (it's not a '66 as they advertise, it's a '67 switch) set in place with a little grinding to make it fit. 

Posted by Ed Howell on 07/04/03

I just completed installing a 67 switch (part #2947801) from your Dodge Dealer, in my 66. My old switch was toast had to be replaced.

 It did not turn out to be that hard a fit. A little work on the 67 cam plate with a die grinder to get it to move far enough for the left side to turn on, and clipping a couple of pieces of the bottom was all that it took.

At the same time I had one of the bails for the steering coupler seal that I bought a few years back and was told would not work on the 66 coupler. I found this to be false as it fits like a glove. If you need a switch in your 66 don't be afraid to try it it's not that bad.

Posted by Jon on 07/31/09

I called a dealership and found the part #2947801, which is a TSS for '67-'69 B-bodies has been discontinued.

I did however find on Layson's website two switches:

SR-190085   - $89.00
Turn Signal Switch 1962-66 A, B, C-Bodies - All (includes new Male/Female harness connectors) NOTE: 1963 year (all) and 1966 Chargers the connectors at the bottom of the harness are slightly different, but can easily be modified to work  
    62 -66 A-Body  
    62 -66 B-Body  
    62 -66 C-Body


SR-190080 - $79.00
Reproduction turn signal switch for all 1967-69 cars. Also for 1970-77 cars without tilt & with cornering lamps & No Hazard Switch on column  
    67 -74 A-Body  
    67 -74 B-Body  
    67 -74 C-Body  
    70 -74 E-Body

I also recently pulled a used switch from a '66 Dodge Dart (A-body) and found the wiring was shorter than the Charger (B-Body) switch, so Layson's must be selling the longer length wired B-body switches for use on the A-Bodies as well.

Posted by Jon (pursuitspecial)  on 02/18/11

I found the original style terminals that go at many of the connectors on the car such as the turn signal switch and the headlight harness connector. The terminal is called a "Twin Lock" terminal. It has no gender, since it mates with itself.

Twinlock terminals have 2 locking tangs that must be depressed before you can pull the terminal out of the connector. Another tool that has been recommended to use to push down the tangs is a small jewellers flathead screwdriver that is about .050" or smaller. Once the tangs are pressed down, the terminal should come out freely. You must also lift the tangs back up before you plug the terminal into the new bulkhead, so that they look like the picture in the post.

The best price I have found in bulk is at Mouser:

This site may have the same thing for a better price if you only need 10. Part 1122H: www.wiringproducts.com

The original part numbers for the terminals are:
02973915 18-20 Gage
02973916 14-16 Gage (not available)
 02973917 12 Gage (not available)

For crimping purposes you can go out and buy the correct $100 tool, but a simple pair of pliers and some solder works just as well.

Posted by indydoc on 07/31/09

I have available the original NOS Terminals for the Trun Signal Switches. They are 1.28 each and require 7 to do the switch. I also have available the Black Male Connectors and the Clear Female Connectors. They are 12.30 each. These Connectors and Terminals are the same connectors and Terminals that are used to join the Headlamp Wiring Harness to the Engine Harness by the battery.

Interested buyers may contact me at my email:   dpwinslow@sbcglobal.net